As we and our families grow older, we have many questions, and face many choices about senior care. We worry about what’s best for Mom and Dad. We worry about “what-ifs” – and concerns like safety and falls. We worry about finding sufficient resources for care. We want to plan but don’t know where to start, or what questions to ask.
• M.S.W., University of Pennsylvania, 1977
• Licensed clinical social worker; certifications in gerontology, case management
• More than 30 years of experience in counseling seniors, primarily in York County
Wise Options can help!
Wise Options offers elder care management: Personalized guidance to sustain quality of life for seniors, and minimize family stress. We strive to maximize independence and autonomy through education, advocacy, counseling and service delivery. And we help seniors and families find the resources to meet the challenges of aging.
What’s a elder care manager?
- A elder care manager is a health-care professional with expertise in issues involving senior care and families. With nearly three decades of serving older adults in the York area, we offer comprehensive planning to foster the independence and dignity of seniors – and decrease stress placed on families. We look at the totality of aging — medical, psychological, cognitive, social, and physical changes and challenges – to meet an individual’s needs.
- We can help you understand and sort through the many choices available – from in-home aides to senior-focused communities. We offer counsel and perspective in the face of differing visions of what’s best.
- Working with a elder care manager at Wise Options, you can answer your questions – and learn what other questions you need to ask to ensure good care. You will feel confident you are making the best decisions and spending money wisely. You’ll know you’re taking good care of mom and dad – or yourself.
- elder care management is not just for adult children concerned for parents and other loved ones. Seniors themselves can receive help in developing their own personal road map for the future so they can rest secure in knowing their wishes will be carried out no matter what tomorrow brings.
When should I use a Elder Care Manager?
- When circumstances are changing, and you’re trying to plan for the future.
- To prevent a crisis – or resolve one.
- When mom’s here – – and I’m 500 miles away.
- When family members disagree over senior care
- When I want to ensure the best use of limited resources
Why invest invest in a elder care manager?
- A professional assessment gives you guidance and saves time and money.
- Our care managers can connect you with local experts for good advice in many areas.
- Your care plan will be tailored to YOU.
- Savings in missed or nonproductive time at work, for dealing with emergencies, calling around trying to figure things out, managing your parents’ care and medical needs from afar.
- We can help you understand Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, VA Benefits including Aid and Attendance, Long-Term Care Insurance and other resources.
That means you and your loved ones will have peace of mind.
You can find more details on the services we offer here.