Have a few hours to spare?
Without volunteers, there would be no Staying Connected. We welcome men and women of all ages and faiths who want to help their neighbors stay independent. All it takes is about two or three hours a month, although more is always welcome.
We seek those who have a compassionate concern for elders, respect various faith traditions, and are willing to work with people of different faiths or cultural background.
We offer our volunteers training and guidance as they go about their jobs. Needs include:
- Drivers: Licensed drivers willing to use their own vehicles to take elders to and from appointments.
- Shoppers: Anyone who knows his or her way around a grocery store
- Friendly visitors: Those willing to share an hour or so several times a month
- Office workers to help with mailings, phone calls, fundraisers, etc.
- Outreach workers: Folks comfortable with public speaking who can share our story with potential clients, volunteers or donors.
- Families: Those willing to adopt an elder for friendly visits, or errand running, or other activites that might be able to be done in the evening or on weekends.
We’re flexible. You can volunteer as often as you like, monthly, or weekly or even more often. If you have the time, and the commitment, we’ll try to find a place for you. And we respect the fact our volunteers have other commitments and responsibilities in their lives. We don’t run them ragged.
So click here. We’ll be back in touch with you soon. And no, we won’t sell or give your e-mail to anyone else.