The York County Area Agency on Aging, in conjunction with the Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture, is again offering the Senior Farmers Market Nutrition Program to eligible York County seniors. This program provides $20 in vouchers to eligible seniors to buy fresh fruit and vegetables from participating local farm markets. York County residents who are 60 years of age or older, and who have a 2017 total gross annual household income at or below $22,311 for a single person or $30,044 for a couple, are eligible to participate. All income is included when calculating total gross income.
Proof of age and York County residency must be shown to obtain vouchers. A 2017 farmers market proxy form, along with proof of age and residency, is required for anyone picking up vouchers for another eligible individual, including a power of attorney. The 2016 proxy form is available at most senior centers or can be downloaded from the Forms & Documents page of the Agency on Aging’s website at www.ycaaa.org. One individual may not pick up vouchers for more than four people.
Individuals are eligible to receive the vouchers only once per calendar year. The vouchers can be redeemed between June 1 and Nov. 30. Residents of nursing homes, personal care facilities, or any residential setting that offers meals are ineligible to receive the vouchers. Vouchers will be distributed at the following York County locations for as long as the supply lasts:
- Thursday, June 1, 9-11:30 a.m. – Heritage Senior Center, 3700 Davidsburg Road, Dover Township
- Friday, June 2, 9:30-11:30 a.m. – Stewartstown Senior Center, 26 S. Main St., Stewartstown
- Monday, June 5, 9:30-11:30 a.m. – Northeastern Senior Community Center, 131 Center St., Mount Wolf
- Tuesday, June 6, 9:30-11:30 a.m. – South Central Senior Center, 150 E. Main St., New Freedom
- Thursday, June 8, 9:30-11:30 a.m. – Windy Hill on the Campus, 1472 Roth’s Church Road, Suite 103, Spring Grove
- Friday, June 9, 9:30-11:30 a.m. – Crispus Attucks Association, 605 S. Duke St., York
- Wednesday, June 28, 9:30-11:30 a.m. – Susquehanna Area Senior Center, 2427 Craley Road, Lower Windsor Township
- Thursday, June 29, 9-11:30 a.m. – White Rose Senior Center, 27 S. Broad St., York
- Thursday, July 6, 9:30-11:30 a.m. – Dillsburg Senior Activity Center, 1 N. Second St., Dillsburg
- Friday, July 7, 9:30-11:30 a.m. – Golden Connections Community Center, 20-C Gotham Place, Red Lion
- Tuesday, July 11, 9-11:30 a.m. – White Rose Senior Center, 27 S. Broad St., York
- Wednesday, July 12, 9:30-11:30 a.m. – Red Land Senior Center, 736 Wyndamere Road, Newberry Township
- Thursday, July 13, 9:30-11:30 a.m. – Hanover Council of Churches, 136 Carlisle St., Hanover
- Tuesday, July 18, 9:30-11:30 a.m. – Brown’s Orchards & Farm Market, 8892 Susquehanna Trail South, Loganville
- Thursday, July 20, 9:30-11:30 a.m. – Flinchbaugh’s Orchard & Farm Market, 110 Ducktown Road, York
- Tuesday, July 25, 9:30-11:30 a.m. – Calvary Bible Church, 603 Wilson Ave., Hanover
- Thursday, Aug. 3, 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. – Calvary United Methodist Church, 11 N. Richland Ave., York
- Tuesday, Aug. 8, 9:30-11:30 a.m. – Brown’s Orchards & Farm Market, 8892 Susquehanna Trail South, Loganville
- Tuesday, Aug. 15, 9:30-11:30 a.m. – White Rose Senior Center, 27 S. Broad St., York
- Thursday, Aug. 24, 9:30-11:30 a.m. – Heritage Senior Center, 3700 Davidsburg Road, Dover
Anyone requiring further information should contact the York County Area Agency on Aging at (717) 771-9610.