Susie Kelley & Lisa Timberlake
Cheerful and energetic describes our new office coordinator, Susie Kelley (pictured on the left). Susie comes to JFS with a strong background in customer relations, marketing and graphic design.
Thoughtful and articulate describes our new social worker/care manager, Lisa Timberlake (pictured on the right). Lisa is a licensed social worker with notable older adult care management and guardianship support services experience.
Jewish Family Services of York (JFS) is seeking an MSW Social Worker, licensed in PA, to join our service team to provide supportive counseling and comprehensive care management to clients and their families/caregivers.
JFS is a non-profit social service organization. For over 25 years, JFS has been committed to addressing and meeting unmet and emerging needs of individuals and families, regardless of faith. JFS specializes in working with older adults and is an invaluable resource for preparing older adults for expected transitions as well as coping with unexpected challenges.
Responsibilities of Social Worker/Care Manager:
- Office and in-home psychosocial assessment with older adults, involving family/caregiver as appropriate
- Working collaboratively with the client, family/caregiver to develop a realistic care plan, which links the client to benefits and services that will maximize client independence
- Assisting client and caregiver with implementation of the care plan, providing instrumental help and supportive counseling to promote independence
- Monitoring client situations, via phone calls, office and home visits and adjusting the care plan as needed
- Documenting all activity in JFS database in a timely manner on a daily/weekly basis , to ensure there is an accurate record of service provision
- Serve as a care coordinator and client advocate in working with service providers
- Assist with planning and execution of programs and community education events
- Master of Social Work , MSW, degree from an accredited school of Social Work
- PA State Social Work License, LSW
- Experience in working with older adults, their caregivers and their families
- Willingness to see clients in their home or residential settings
- Ability to demonstrate working knowledge of community resources and benefits relevant to older adults and their caregivers preferred
- Knowledge of the Jewish community, its customs, and traditions preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of audiences
- Ability to establish good working relationships with other professionals and community agencies
- Technological aptitude; openness to new forms of technology
- Highly organized , flexible and able to manage and set priorities for multiple tasks
- Ability to multi-task and manage competing demands
- Ability to identify problems/potential problems, find relevevant information and resources and evaluate and recommend resolution
- Strong professional and clinical references
- Availability of car, current driver’s license and auto insurance
- Safe driving record
- Occasional evening/weekend hours as necessary
Reports to Executive Director
The Social Work/Care Manager is a fulltime position. JFS is an equal opportunity employer. Benefits package includes supervision toward clinical licensure by LCSW, employer contribution to health insurance and IRA, paid holidays and vacation.
Please send a cover letter and resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with Social Work position in the subject title.